Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oregano for asthma


Dylan got his asthma last October and he was hospitalized that time. It was his first attack and we are not aware of his illness. The doctor advise us to avoid places like farm, smoking areas, heat and pets. The environment was the most factor that made him an asthmatic. So after researches I made, I was at his doctor's clinic when I read a parenting magazine and found out that Oregano can help prevent asthma attacks. And when I got home, tadah!...I ask my mother to plant me some and she got it from our neighborhood. So every morning, I'll make sure to give him Oregano juice.
The recipe for it:
7-10 leaves of Oregano
1 tsp water

Wash the leaves and put it on a pot, add water. Bring it to boil with very low heat. Let it cool and squeeze the leaves. Give it to your child before having any meal or milk every morning.

I find it effective, as for a month try that we don't experience any asthma attacks. The only problem is, the Oregano plant is running out of leaves. Good thing that it is not expensive and there are so many Oregano planted on my neighbor's backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment