Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sponge Cake (Spongebob cake) on Dylan's 2nd bday



I can't help it to put a lot of effort for Dylan's party- my 2nd year old baby last May 15, 2010. He loves spongebob and wants it to be his cake's theme. Unfortunately, mom is so busy with other things for the party. It is a good thing that Mamu is here to make the pinata and cooked the chicken balls aka chicken nuggets. Tita Lyn (my brother's ex gf) is also helpful for putting hotdog and mallows on the toothpicks. And also Ate as the ice tea master. So, I got some time to buy a smal cake at Goldilocks at around 300+ pesos and some for decorations. I found this embossed spongebob sticker at my Abubot's box. So I grab my spatula and liquid food color (blue) and started to crumpled the icing and make it look likes an ocean. I also got inspired with the chocolate blocks and pearl candies so I make it look likes a treasure chest. And of course, aquatic jelly candies and chocolate coins are a must. And add some really cute flowers brought from a local market. And the stickers look like a 3D object in there plus the cute factor of a stationery fish saying "Happy 2nd birthday Dylan"- a handwritten of mine. Also, don't forget spongebob's trademark- burgers! Dylan was so amazed with his Spongebob cake and very overwhelmed with his simple party, lots of kids and play and yummy treats from mom's kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment